Non-invasive, holistic interventions such as physiotherapy, orthotic prescription can enhance the effectiveness of the regenerative treatment. Hence, these are used along with regenerative medicine to allow faster and more effective recovery, unlike one of these alone. The medical team will assess your condition and recommend an individualised orthotic protocol to assist in achieving the best possible results. People who wear appropriately prescribed orthotics can notice improvements daily, especially in lower limb injuries and conditions.
What are Orthotics?
Orthotics is a branch of medicine that deals with the use of devices like shoe insoles to reduce pain and improve the function of mobile body parts. Trained and experienced professionals perform personalised Orthotics assessments, which can include:
- Complete biomechanical evaluation of the lower body from the spine to the foot to determine the cause of pain.
- Comprehensive assessment of the person’s sitting, standing, walking, as well as running body mechanics.
- Recommendation of foot casting if required – creating a mould of the foot to manufacture a customised orthotic.
- Provision of customised and over-the-counter orthotic to improve alignment, body symmetry, and balance by cushioning the foot and supporting it.
- Education and training of its use.
What are the benefits of Orthotics?
Customised orthotics support and improve alignment in the lower extremities during standing and walking. In combination with regenerative therapy, wearing the appropriate orthotics can help in improving the position and function of joints or body parts. This can help to reduce pain and discomfort to improve mobility and function, and reduce further risk of injury.
Orthotics are recommended to assist in the treatment of:
- Tendinitis and Arthritis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spur syndrome
- Anterior shin pain
- Lower limb pain (knee, hip, back pain) associated with foot alignment
By wearing prescribed orthotics, along with your rehab programme, you will be able to achieve more advanced results of regenerative therapy under the guidance of the medical team at Medica Pain Management.